Punta Trettu is located circa 5 minutes from the Kite House, in the municipality of San Giovanni Sergiù, district of Matzaccara, just in front of Sant’Antioco’s peninsula. The strip of sand that stretches for 700 meters from the pine forest of Punta Trettu, divides the Sardinian Sea and the lagoon of Sant’Antioco.
The kite spot of Punta Trettu is very appreciated for its characteristics of shallow and flat water which makes it the ideal place to learn kitesurf and to improve freestyle. The large space inside the bay can guest many kiters in total safety, the sand-tongue of Punta Trettu kite beach gives the feeling of “a beach to rely on”.
The wind blows throughout the year increasing in intensity with the thermal wind (from May to October) and the “Venturi effect” produced by the peculiar morphology of this stretch of coast. In particular the North-West and South-East winds, with sun or little cloudiness, blows from 5 to 10 knots stronger than expected.
- The North-West wind (Mistral) that predominates in Sardinia, blows strong and direct into the bay increasing in intensity due to “Venturi effect” and thermal wind.
- The South-East wind (Scirocco) blows perfectly from the opposite direction, benefiting from the “Venturi effect” and the thermal wind.
- The East wind (Levante) enters the bay and Punta Trettu is perhaps the only kite spot of the South-West coast of Sardinia where you can kite even with this wind direction.
- The West wind (Ponente) and South-West (Libeccio) blow quite well from spring to autumn if the sky is not too cloudy.
- The North wind (Tramontana) often blows strong and cold in the bay during the entire winter season (even over 50 knots).
- Water: flat
- Level: all
- Wind direction: NW, SE, E, W, SW
- Kitesurfing schools
- Kite rental
- Assistance and supervision
- Rescue service
- Info point, bar, relax area, Wi-Fi
- Showers and bathrooms
- Free Parking
The Kite House Sardinia is a nice, quiet and welcoming place in an oase of olive trees and flowers, only a few minutes by car to the kite spots Punta Trettu, Porto Botte and Is Solinas. We had a fantastic time there, met very nice people and intend to go again, sooner or later. 🙂
We had an amazing time at the Kitehouse Sardinia. Before we went there, we had few questions and Daniele has always responded very quickly. Basically, the accommodation is a very nice place to stay. We were a group of 7 and rented 2 Apartments. We really enjoyed everything. It was super clean and the kitespot as well as the supermarket and restaurants were not far away. Sarah was super nice as well. Always very nice, funny as well as helpful. We will come back one day.
Amazing experience, cool place to stay with friends. Very close to punta Trettu. Sara was very nice.
Sarah and Daniel run the Kite House and are top hosts. The Location is very nice, the pool perfect and our kids loved it. If the wind at Punta Trettu is not convincing for kiting Daniel knows where to find the spot for thermal winds! The prices for rental are fair and the equipment is very good Ozone stuff. I can fully recommend the Kite House and I am sure we will see us again!