IS MELONIS KITE SPOT
“Is Melonis Kite Spot” is an insider tip for kitesurfers. The Kite House Sardinia, now here a spot with sandy beach, surrounded by fields 500 m from the accommodation. A huge shallow water area free of obstacles and always reliable wind, a paradise for kitesurfing. The bottom is sandy, sporadically there are strips of algae, which are also visible on the surface depending on the water level. Punta Trettu can be reached with wonderful “down/up winder”. The Kite House Sardinia also offers downwind trips from Punta Saliga (above Punta Trettu), which are accompanied by guides in boats and the participants are equipped with helmet radios.
The kite spot is very appreciated for its characteristics of shallow and flat water which makes it the ideal place for kitesurfing. The large space of the Sant’Antioco lagoon can guest many kiters in total safety.
The wind blows throughout the year increasing in intensity with the thermal wind (from May to October) and the “Venturi effect” produced by the peculiar morphology of this stretch of coast. In particular the North-West and South-East winds, with sun or little cloudiness, blows from 5 to 10 knots stronger than expected. The South-West also work even better than in Punta Trettu.
- The North-West wind (Mistral) that predominates in Sardinia, blows strong and direct into the lagoon increasing in intensity due to “Venturi effect” and thermal wind. You can easily reach Kite House Sardinia from Punta Trettu in downwind.
- The South-East wind (Scirocco) blows perfectly from the opposite direction, benefiting from the “Venturi effect” and the thermal wind. You can easily reach Punta Trettu from Kite House Sardinia in downwind.
- The East wind (Levante) enters the lagoon and it is perhaps the only spot of the South-West coast of Sardinia where you can kite even with this wind direction.
- You can easily reach Punta Trettu from Kite House Sardinia in downwind.
- The West wind (Ponente) and South-West (Libeccio) blow quite well from spring to autumn if the sky is not too cloudy. They works even better than in Punta Trettu.
- The North wind (Tramontana) often blows strong and cold in the lagoon during the entire winter season (even over 50 knots). Next step will be land-boarding!
- Water: flat
- Level: all
- Wind direction: NW, SE, E, W, SW
- Kite Center
- Kite rental
- Assistance and supervision
- Rescue service
- Info point, bar, pool, relax area, Wi-Fi
- Showers and bathrooms
- Free Parking
We loved staying at the kite house. Great apartments and facilities, close to different kite spots and awesome communication. Highly recommended 🙂
Gorąco polecam ! Bardzo klimatyczne miejsce w bliskiej odległości do kitespotów.
I just spent two weeks at the Kitehouse Sardinia and took lessons. I enjoyed every minute of the lessons and made good progress. Instructors are very friendly and skilled and take excellent care of their students. Every evening I was informed about the weather conditions and the training schedule of the next day. The kite…
Perfect spot, nice vibe and good communication!
I had 3 different instructors and each were brilliant, the best I’ve had to date. The location at Punta Trettu was amazing for learning on
My second time and will definitely be back very soon! It was my second time at Kitehouse Sardinia and I can’t wait to be back again! It’s a magical place in the middle of beautiful nature with owners that are so nice and helpful. It really feels like spending time with family! It’s a perfect…
Good school excellent spot. – Excellent spot with very helpful and skilled teachers! Would recommend.
Ideal location and set up for your kite trip. Sarah and Daniele are wonderful hosts. They are genuine people who do what they can to help. It was the perfect place to base our school, the World Class Kiteboarding Academy, as it is 10 mins from one of the best kite spots in Europe. The…
So if you want your kid to be at ease, have a fun time BUT also seriously learn how to kite: Mattia is the guy to get as instructor. Combined with the shallow waters around Punta Trettu (and nice weather) it is the perfect lace to get your kid acquainted, interested and motivated. Highly recommended!
Nice apartments in beautiful olive garden! Super friendly and helpful owners!!!! Many good kite spots around!
💬 The Kite House Sardinia is a nice, quiet and welcoming place in an oase of olive trees and flowers, only a few minutes by car to the kite spots Punta Trettu, Porto Botte and Is Solinas. We had a fantastic time there, met very nice people and intend to go again, sooner or later.…
We had an amazing time at the Kitehouse Sardinia. Before we went there, we had few questions and Daniele has always responded very quickly. Basically, the accommodation is a very nice place to stay. We were a group of 7 and rented 2 Apartments. We really enjoyed everything. It was super clean and the kitespot…
Amazing experience, cool place to stay with friends. Very close to punta Trettu. Sara was very nice.
Sarah and Daniel run the Kite House and are top hosts. The Location is very nice, the pool perfect and our kids loved it. If the wind at Punta Trettu is not convincing for kiting Daniel knows where to find the spot for thermal winds! The prices for rental are fair and the equipment is…