Porto Pino is located circa 20 minutes from the Kite House, in the municipality of Sant’Anna Arresi. The long white beach, the sand dunes and the pink flamingos that usually populate the area are a stunning sight. As a kite spot Porto Pino is unique for its crystal clear water and long shore but not suitable for beginners. The wind is usually gusty and the water is choppy or has small waves.
Porto Pino is particularly appreciated for its waves from autumn to spring, while in summer (mid of June – mid of September) kitesurfing is not allowed due to the presence of many bathers and the absence of a corridor. In the rest of the year you can kite in the first part of the beach or in the end where the dunes are.
- The West wind (Ponente) and South-West (Libeccio) blow quite well throughout the year.
- The North-West wind (Mistral) that predominates in Sardinia, blows from the main land into the bay and is side off and usually very gusty.
- The South-East wind (Scirocco) blows from the main land into the bay and is side off and usually gusty.
- The North wind (Tramontana) blows very strong, gusty and cold in the bay throughout the winter season (even over 50 knots).
- Water: chop/waves
- Level: intermediate, advanced
- Wind direction: SW, W, NW, SE
- Showers and bathrooms
- Parking (1 km from the kite spot)
The Kite House Sardinia is a nice, quiet and welcoming place in an oase of olive trees and flowers, only a few minutes by car to the kite spots Punta Trettu, Porto Botte and Is Solinas. We had a fantastic time there, met very nice people and intend to go again, sooner or later. 🙂
We had an amazing time at the Kitehouse Sardinia. Before we went there, we had few questions and Daniele has always responded very quickly. Basically, the accommodation is a very nice place to stay. We were a group of 7 and rented 2 Apartments. We really enjoyed everything. It was super clean and the kitespot as well as the supermarket and restaurants were not far away. Sarah was super nice as well. Always very nice, funny as well as helpful. We will come back one day.
Amazing experience, cool place to stay with friends. Very close to punta Trettu. Sara was very nice.
Sarah and Daniel run the Kite House and are top hosts. The Location is very nice, the pool perfect and our kids loved it. If the wind at Punta Trettu is not convincing for kiting Daniel knows where to find the spot for thermal winds! The prices for rental are fair and the equipment is very good Ozone stuff. I can fully recommend the Kite House and I am sure we will see us again!